• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Harbor freight HF opened in Katy TX

a couple of weeks ago i posted this:http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=58649
    stating a HF was opening nearby.

Wednesday (Oct 9) was the official grand opening and they had a celebration at noon and maybe some food and refreshments.
    I got by about 8 in the evening and the store was nice, clean, new and chock full of HF stuff we all know and sometimes love. No food left though!
    THey had some good deals, coupons and sale prices but I didn't get anything not really needing something. I'll go by some evening and pick up some cable zip ties (1.49 for 100) and who knows what else after I look at the sales flyers.

I'm glad they're nearby so Its not a major deal to go by and pick something up and have to plan ahead and get anything else I might need since its a major trek - 20 miles to either former nearest store in directions I seldom go. Now, 2 miles on the main drag of Katy where all the restaurants and grocery stores are and I always hang out.

I guess overall it means they're doing good business because they recently opened a couple of other stores in Houston area after 15-20 years with only one or two stores. tHEY'RE NOW AT 8 STORES IN THE GREATER HOUSTON AREA. sorry caps lock off.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 10-10-2013, 11:56 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • BadeMillsap
    • Dec 2005
    • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
    • Grizzly G1023SL

Hi Loring ... where in Katy is the new HF ... didn't find it with Google and need to point S-I-L in that direction ...
    "Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
    Bade Millsap
    Bulverde, Texas
    => Bade's Personal Web Log
    => Bade's Lutherie Web Log

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

HaHa, Its at I-10 and Mason Road South first strip center on the right going south.

I looked up this thread because I wanted to recall when HF-Katy opened.
      I just filed for the class action suit and found I could get from the credit card people an excel and PDF listing of all the purchases I made going back to 2013.
      One option is to file copies of credit card receipts and get 12% back in HF gift cards.
      I sorted from Oct 2013 when they opened and found some 900 bucks in purchases, and just one purchase before that.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...