• Show
Clear All
  • Alex Franke
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Ryobi BT3100

"I pretty much chased girls around all day."

That's what my 5 year old boy said about his day at school.

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree -- that's pretty much how I remember school, too. :lol:

Turns out they were playing a tag game, but it was just hilarious the way he said it.
    online at http://www.theFrankes.com
    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

This his first year of school? My oldest started official school last week. She was in preschool but spent a lot of time being bored.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Alex Franke
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2007
      • Chapel Hill, NC
      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by crokett
      This his first year of school? My oldest started official school last week. She was in preschool but spent a lot of time being bored.
      He was in preschool last year for 3 half days a week. This one is a private half-day K, 5 days a week -- seems like all the public K's are full day in these parts! I think he would do better with a full day than my wife would -- It's hard to let the little guy go, so we're taking it one little step at a time

So far he really seems to like it. Is yours liking it, too?
      "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

Hmm... where if you don't mind me asking? My daughter also goes to a private half-day kindergarten. Yes, she likes it a lot. She was bored a lot in preschool. She was one of the older kids in a class full of younger ones. Now all the kids are her age. And her teacher is wonderful.
        David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Alex Franke
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2007
          • Chapel Hill, NC
          • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by crokett
          Hmm... where if you don't mind me asking? My daughter also goes to a private half-day kindergarten. Yes, she likes it a lot. She was bored a lot in preschool. She was one of the older kids in a class full of younger ones. Now all the kids are her age. And her teacher is wonderful.
          Details in PM.

Teachers make a world of difference, don't they? We've been lucky so far, but I don't think we get as much choice in the public school system. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

Comment

Working...