• Show
Clear All
  • Alex Franke
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Ryobi BT3100

That's a "dump truck!"

My 2.5 year old daughter picked out this classic as one of her bedtime stories tonight. On just about every page she would excitedly exclaim, "That's a dump truck!" and I had a heck of a time holding back my laugh.

Why? Well, she has no problem pronouncing that's and a, but she leaves the "p" sound off of dump, and she pronounces "tr" like an "f." Got it? Yikes. Looks like I need to try coaching the "tr" sound again!

I've heard her try to say truck many times before (in her own way), but this is the first time I've heard her try to say dump truck. She even puts the same emphasis on both dump and truck...

online at http://www.theFrankes.com
    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

One of my former neighbors was a single mother, and her daughter's first sentence was... "This f***ing car!"

Hysterical, yet sad, all at the same time...

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

One of my nephews had the same problem with the 'tr' sound. With my Mother in the car, he exitedly pointed out the bright red truck with the lights and siren!
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

When my oldest was 20 months or so, somebody in a truck cut me off on the interstate. I said 'truck' but didn't say truck. My daughter who misses nothing asked what I said. I told her I said 'truck'. She didn't believe me and then finally asked why I said truck and I told her it was because a truck almost hit us. That was more or less true.
        David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

Working...