• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lebomike
    Established Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Pennsylvania
    • Ryobi BT3000

I lived next door to a man who got cluster headaches. He has traveled all over this country and Canada to try and find a cure or help. The only thing that helps him is to breathe Oxygen when they start.
    Just three years ago they implanted electrodes in his head to try and trigger the nerves when he got the headaches. It did not work and was very expensive (which his insurance company did not pay). He has been to Mayo, Hopkins and so many I cannot mention them all.
    I pray that your wife can find some relief, as I watched him suffer so many times.
    They also told him it was not from mold,or Radon. They said if they knew what triggered them they could do a better job of helping .
    "The power of kindness is immense. It is nothing less, really, than the power to change the world."

Comment

• MilDoc

Breathing 100% O2 at the immediate start of a cluster headache can indeed help some, but not all folks. Any delay lessens its effectiveness.

Surgery for cluster HA's I would still consider experimental, and not effective many times.Thus most insurance companies will not cover it.

BTW, one treatment for migraine headaches (not cluster) that works for many people, if you can do it, is to stand on your head for 5-10 minutes. Again, delay lessens its effectiveness. But believe it or not for many folks the headache is gone.

Comment

• catta12
        Established Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Reno, NV
        • BTS20R

Originally posted by MilDoc

BTW, one treatment for migraine headaches (not cluster) that works for many people, if you can do it, is to stand on your head for 5-10 minutes. Again, delay lessens its effectiveness. But believe it or not for many folks the headache is gone.
        I had not heard that before. I will give it a shot next time I get one. Has anybody here tried it?
        If you can read this you assembled wrong.

Alan

Comment

• Hobiedog
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2007

A little update...

Well, my wife has had three days without clusters nor even her normal dull headache. She's a different person! At the moment, she's attributing this to Verapamil. She's been on it for about a week and a half, but the Neuo didn't tell her that it takes about that long to 'kick in'. I told her to be cautiously optomistic, because it may be that she just broke the cycle.

I thought I'd mention this for anyone who is afflicted or knows someone who is. Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verapamil [ see Note 1 at bottom of that page ]. Oh, and I'm not afillitated with any pharmaceutical companies; i'm just a 'major' customer.

JT

Comment

• Mr__Bill
            Veteran Member
            • May 2007
            • Tacoma, WA
            • BT3000

headache info from ABC news

Comment

• rnelson0
              Established Member
              • Feb 2008
              • Midlothian, VA (Richmond)
              • Firestorm FS2500TS

Originally posted by Mr__Bill
              Well, I sent that straight to my wife. I hope I can help cure her migraines!

Comment

• hussamabd
                Handtools only
                • Dec 2017

for cluster headaches i recommend anrica oil
                Arnica oil is popular for having strong analgesic properties, so applying few drops only on your temples or is enough to soothe migraines and headaches.
                Although some people feel as this oil can be used in an aromatherapy treatment for reducing headaches or stress, no studies or recommendations suggested inhaling diffused Arnica oil.
                What is Arnica Oil? Arnica oil is considered one of the best remedies for many common health issues. It is originated from the dried flowers of the Arnica plant. These

Comment

Working...