• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

I am sure you all remember the famous call a few years back, where a guy hit a deer with his car, and decided to load the deer in the car to take it home and use it.

Well the deer awoke and started attacking him in the car, and he called 911 and it was recorded and all over the news.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• BrazosJake
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Benbrook, TX.
      • Emerson-built Craftsman

He's not in Kansas anymore, Toto:-)

I've know more than a couple of hunters who lost clothing and skin trying to wrassle with Bambi. One tried to dispatch a shot-but-still-alive buck Tarzan-style, with his knife. About 40-yards into the brush, he finally thought to let go:-)

Cowboy antics aside, good luck keeping a deer in a stall. I have grave doubts about "deer-proof" fences.

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

Not me, just something I was sent.

Learned not to corner an animal at about 14 when my brother and I cornered a bobcat in a small draw. We didn't want to shoot him but were plunking around him with 22's. He must not have liked that game too much. He came out right between us and slapped at our legs on the way by. Didn't know them suckers cold spread ther legs like that! I lost a pair of jeans in the deal. My brother still wears the scars on his leg.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

• Russianwolf
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
          • One of them there Toy saws

Originally posted by Pappy

Learned not to corner an animal at about 14 when my brother and I cornered a bobcat in a small draw. We didn't want to shoot him but were plunking around him with 22's. He must not have liked that game too much. He came out right between us and slapped at our legs on the way by. Didn't know them suckers cold spread ther legs like that! I lost a pair of jeans in the deal. My brother still wears the scars on his leg.
          that sound like the game where you see who can hit the softest. the first (naive) person goes with a miniscule tap on the shoulder then the other (informed) person hauls off and leaves a bruise on the shoulder saying "I lose". You guys were playing "how close can you get without hitting", the bobcat lost.
          Mike
          Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Independence, MO, USA.
            • bt3100

Originally posted by Pappy
            Sure it wasn't you! LOL

Let me guess, it was right where your putting your new shop.
            She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
              Veteran Member
              • May 2007
              • Tacoma, WA
              • BT3000

Where I live, Tacoma WA, we have neighborhood deer. A buck with a nice rack of antlers likes to camp out in a backyard just down the street. A doe and her young patrol our front yard looking to see if we replanted the roses yet. Not only do I pickup after the dogs but the deer also leave scat to be picked up.

Pappy's story came to mind so I'm posting to pop it to the top where we can all enjoy it again.

Bill on the left coast

Comment

• os1kne
                • Jan 2003
                • Atlanta, GA
                • BT3100

I knew that I'd seen this before, but I didn't notice the post date at first. I was surprised to see some replies from names that I haven't seen in a long time - didn't realize that it had been 10 years. It was nice to see.
                Bill

Comment

Working...